THE PROTECTION OF CHILDREN AND VULNERABLE ADULTS
The Parish Churches of St.Bartholomew Great Gransden and St Peter & St Paul Little Gransden
acknowledge their duty of care to vulnerable people under the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups
It is the responsibility of the Parochial Church Councils and those to whom they delegate
responsibility for this work to protect children (under 18 years of age) and vulnerable adults
from physical, emotional, or sexual harm. Using information and guidance provided by the Diocese
of Ely we have agreed that the following principles will be observed.
1. In fulfilling our responsibilities in safeguarding, we will seek to create a culture of
"informed vigilance” where the welfare of vulnerable people is paramount.
2. We will report any obvious or suspected cases of abuse to the relevant statutory authorities.
In the case of this occurring we will act in a way which we believe to be in the person’s best
3. We will follow recommended safeguarding practice in the appointment of leaders and workers
to whom responsibility is delegated for working with children and / or vulnerable adults.
4. All groups will have appropriate levels of leadership and supervision.
5. All leaders and workers in positions of responsibility working regularly or substantially with
children and / or vulnerable adults on behalf of the parishes will be recruited
using recommended safeguarding procedures. They will be given:
6. This policy is reviewed at least annually.
- A copy of this policy
- Written advice about what to do if abuse is discovered, disclosed or suspected.
Phillip George - Safeguarding co-ordinator 01767 677553
Teresa Miller - Sunday School Teacher 01767 677860
Sheila George - Authorised Lay Minister (Music) 01767 677553
Sheila George - Tower Captain, Great Gransden Bell Ringers 01767 677553
Rachel Fogg - Churchwarden Great Gransden 01767 677995
Nick Wareham - Churchwarden Little Gransden 01767 677555
Rev’d Catharine Furlong
Priest in Charge
CHILDLINE TELEPHONE: 0800 1111